Islands & Highlands Lettings will communicate with the landlord and any tenants by telephone, email and/or letter and will deal promptly in response to reasonable requests and communications from them.
Our contact details are as follows:
01478 611 539
Where requested to do so, we will try to accommodate a landlord or tenant’s preferred method of communication, wherever possible.
We will aim to acknowledge communications within 3 working days, respond in full to urgent communications within 7 working days and respond in full to all other communications within 10 working days.
There may occasionally be circumstances out with our control which prevent us from adhering to these timeframes. These include: –
- when the office is closed for weekends or public holidays;
- where adverse weather or sickness has led to staff shortages;
- where we cannot respond in full without the input of a third party (e.g. contractor, landlord, tenant) who is not available;
- where we cannot respond in full without visiting the rental property and the tenant is restricting access;
- where we cannot respond in full without the input of a key member of staff who is not available.
If we are unable to respond in full within the timeframes outlined above, we will keep you informed of when you can expect a response.
We will not communicate with landlords or tenants in any way that is abusive, intimidating or threatening.
A copy of our complaints procedure will be made available on request.
As you may be aware, letting agents in Scotland have to adhere to a statutory code of practice which can be found: