Islands & Highlands Cottages Ltd T/A Islands & Highlands Lettings are a member of the Council of Letting Agents and adhere to their code of practice along with the Scottish Core Standards for Accredited Landlords and Letting Agents, Chartered Institute of Housings’ Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics and The Letting Agent Code of Practice (Scotland) Regulations 2016.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about our service, or about the service of a contractor or third party who we have instructed to provide goods or services in relation to a property owned by or occupied by you, please write down the details of your complaint and send it to:
Islands & Highlands Lettings
Islands & Highlands Lettings complaints procedure:
- All verbal and written complaints should be made to 01478 611 539, firstname.lastname@example.org or Islands & Highlands Lettings, Bridge Road, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9ER. All complaints will be recorded at the time they are made. For all verbal complaints, I&H Lettings request that they are put in writing to confirm the telephone call / conversation. This is in the interest of both parties and will help to ensure that both sides are working with the same information and facts.
- All responses about the complaint will be made to the representative of the complainant.
- All written complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days.
- A full investigation will be undertaken by a member of staff who was not directly involved in the incident, if applicable. This person will be your named contact for the complaint investigation. A formal written outcome of the investigation will be sent to the complainant within 10 days of the original complaint being made. This will include suggestions for resolving the matter. We will contact you if we are unable to respond within this timeframe and let you know when we aim to respond by.
- There may occasionally be circumstances out with our control which prevent us from adhering to this timeframe. These include: –
- when the office is closed for public holidays;
- where adverse weather or sickness has led to staff shortages;
- where we cannot respond in full without the input of a third party (e.g. contractor, landlord, tenant) who is not available;
- where we cannot respond in full without visiting the rental property and the tenant is restricting access;
- where we cannot respond in full without the input of a key member of staff who is not available.
- Upon receipt of our formal response, if you are still not satisfied, you can contact us again in writing and we will arrange for a senior member of staff to review the decision. They will write to you within 10 working days of us receiving your request for a review, confirming our position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- It is hoped that through this process, the complaint and all associated issues will be successfully resolved. However, if we have breached the Scottish Letting Agent Code of Practice and you remain dissatisfied you may apply to the First-Tier Tribunal for Scotland. You can contact them at:
First Tier Tribunal for Scotland
Housing & Property Chamber
Glasgow Tribunals Centre
20 York Street
0141 302 5900
Islands & Highlands Cottages Ltd T/A Islands & Highlands Lettings have registered with the Scottish Letting Agent Register and are awaiting our registration number. Islands & Highlands Lettings adhere to the Scottish Letting Agent Code of Practice which can be found:
In accordance with the code we will retain (in electronic or paper form) all correspondence about a complaint for five years.
Other Complaint Procedures
Islands & Highlands Cottages Ltd T/A Islands & Highlands Lettings is also a member of the Council of Letting Agents and you may invoke their complaints procedure if you remain dissatisfied once stages 1-5 above have been exhausted, or if we do not process your complaint within a reasonable timescale. You can contact the Council of Lettings Agents:
Scottish Association of Landlords
8b McDonald Road
0131 564 0100